Liebster Blogging Award
Something super exciting has happened to this little blog… I have been nominated for the Liebster Blogging Award! I was nominated by Elizabeth at Confidently Elegant. It was so nice of her to do so! I am new to blogging so for someone else (besides my loving husband) to say that they found my blog interesting and that they thought it was worthy of being nominated was a terrific feeling!!
Going on this journey has been a little bit of a roller coaster and whirlwind all rolled into one, I never expected to be recognized for a blogging award. I was sitting at home looking at my small business Facebook page, thinking that there HAD to be more that I could do. Well the next thing I knew I signed up with Bluehost for my own domain, and then I had a blog! Maybe not the smartest move to not do too much research before hand. However, now that I actually have put money and effort into this I feel like I need to give it my best and learn as much as I can about the blogging world. So there have been many late nights and early mornings trying to finish watching a video, editing photos, and scheduling posts.
So far in the last month and a half I have had about 350 wonderful people take a look and share in this experience with me. Then as of just this week, I also have an e-mail list set up! I would love for you do join! It gives you complete access to all the resources in my library. Currently, there is a great list of tools and gear that I use and recommend when you are trying to DIY on your own, and a couple of free fonts that you can use on any project on your own! In the next few months I plan on expanding this to show you more in depth how use certain programs. You can also keep track of whats happening on Facebook or Pinterest.
If you aren’t familiar with the Liebster Blogger Award, let me tell you a little about it. The main focus for this award is to build somewhat of a community. It brings different blogs, from all over the world together and they can support each other. Once a blog is nominated they then go in search of five other blogs that they think would be a great addition, and now I get this privilege.
Here are the rules that go along with the award:
- On your blog you acknowledge the person who nominated you by thanking them and linking back to their website.
- You get to upload the award to your blog. You can put the image anywhere on your blog, I plan on putting it somewhere under my name on the side bar.
- Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you. This is great so that your readers and other nominees can get to know you better!
- Nominate five other bloggers who have less than 200 followers who you feel deserve the award.
- Excitedly notify the nominees so that they can accept the award, and continue on the chain.
- A person can be nominated more than once, this gives that person more publicity and lets their readers know more about them.
Here are the questions that Elizabeth asked:
1. Blogging can be a little scary at the beginning. What motivated you to take the plunge?
As I mentioned before, I was just sitting at home looking at my Facebook page trying to figure out how to expand my business. It really just seemed like the next step. My goal would be able to do this full time, so the thought of that made me press that button.
2. What type of posts do you enjoy writing the most?
I enjoy all kinds of posts in their own ways. I mainly do DIY posts which are always fun because it mean I get to work on a new project and get my hands dirty. But, I also love the group posts that combine other people’s projects. It just gives me more ideas for my work and the motivation to do it.
3. What time of day and in what setting do you write best?
Honestly, I can write anywhere. Currently I am in a Starbucks downtown. However, I write most of my work at home on the couch. I have found though that I do like to comfortable when I am writing, it helps me focus much better.
4. Who is your biggest supporter?
My biggest supporter is my wonderful husband. When I told him I wanted to start a website, the first thing he asked was how could he help. I first started out as a restoration business where I sold my products at bazaars and online. He has always helped me along the way. If I need another set of hands or a sounding board he is there.
5. If you could have any dessert in the world what would it be?
I’m sorry, there is no way on the Earth that I could just choose one dessert. I am a food lover. If I could eat all day and never have any issues I would. I love chocolate, fruit, sour things, ALL of it. However, since it is getting nicer out I am back into my favorite fruit popsicles from Trader Joe’s. They are a mix of raspberry, lemon, and strawberry. They are the BEST!!
Here are my five nominations for the Liebster Blogging Award
- Courtney at The Curly Anomaly. She does a little bit of everything. Has some travel ideas, clothing and accessory picks, even music recommendations. I especially love her monthly goal posts, they are so honest and relate-able. It makes me want to write my own goals and be able to hold myself accountable like her.
- Lynsey from Real Mom Blogs. She is so funny! She mainly writes about real life motherhood, but she also has recipes and an amazing thing called the ‘spotlight’. This is where she talks about other awesome moms. I did just check out a recent post about baby names, and her number one test was the yelling test. I totally did this when we were picking out names for my daughter, and I’m glad I’m not the only one!
- Jing at Millennial Money Diaries. This is a great blog all about money. She has posts in which she writes down everything that she has spent for the day. This is something I would love to do, but makes me nervous at the same time. She just put out a post about a storage unit which I thought was great because Jing broke it down step by step through de-cluttering and really made you think about your things.
- Charlotte from Monno Life. She is all about beauty. They have great tips and tricks! They great thing is that she also demonstrates some of the products she uses. I am clueless when it comes to make up and skin care so this is terrific. She keeps you up to date on the latest products and tricks.
- Riley at Life is for Living. She makes me want to just hop on a plane a go! All her pictures are beautiful. She talks about going to different places for just a short time. Which, when traveling, is realistically all you have. There is a recent post about Amsterdam and how all of the houses are crooked. I had no idea that they were all crooked, and it’s a hilarious reason why!
Again, I would like to thank Elizabeth over at Confidently Elegant for nominating me. I feel so honored that she thought of me for this award. To all my readers, thank you for your support thus far, and we have so much to look forward to! What other up and coming blogs are your favorite?